Change the overall gameplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change the overall gameplay

Post by Memento on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 am

I'd like to suggest changing the gameplay. I think I did before, but now that you're continueing this again, I see a chance to get back to it :p

What bothers me is that DBZ LF2 isn't much like LF2 in terms of gameplay. In LF2, you have less moves but the characters can actually do more with them. There are dozens of combos unknown to most people, every character has its own strenghts and weaknesses. For example: Davis is great at countering and has great punching speed, but he might have a hard time with a good Rudolf player.

My suggestions in terms of gameplay:
- Not every single character should have a good counterattack;
- Try to make beams more useful in game against a real player, by reducing the charging time (at least for some moves)
- The strenght system is awesome, really. But I'd like to suggest making the gaps between the characters less by reducing the amount of injury delivered for each blow, and speeding up the boss characters such as Vegito a little bit more for a couple of moves (or make flashy moves with teleportations/after image striking that allow for taking out some bdy's for some characters like Vegito)

Staying true to the original series is nice and all, but less important than the actual gameplay in my opinion.
I can still help you improve the gameplay if you want. I played LF2 online for years, also in giant lags, so I know exactly how much diffirent one TU can make. I don't want to boast but if you really want this game to be more enjoyable, you should at least let me try to help you with one character's data Bash. If you let me do this and you like it, I can help you out by providing a list of character's strenghts and weaknesses and what you might want to work on to improve the gameplay. And of course you don't HAVE to use the changed data I might make in the end, but I think you should at least let me try something for you Smile

Memento

Ki : 1075

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the overall gameplay

Post by FutureWarrior Gohan on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:09 pm

I beat Goku with Namek Saga Vegeta.It's not all about strengths,it's about skill and I like that concept.

Future Gohan

v0.2.3 ChampionFuture Gohan

Ki : 2063

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Memento on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:09 am

@FutureWarrior Gohan wrote:I beat Goku with Namek Saga Vegeta.It's not all about strengths,it's about skill and I like that concept.

I know that it is also about skill. I can beat Julian with Bandit. Does this mean Bandit is stronger than Julian? Clearly not. But I'm talking about strenghts and weaknesses here. For example, Davis has great basic punching speed which works to his advantage, but if he were to face John on the x-axis (the horizontal axis), he would be at a disadvantage because John's punch has a longer reach. Yet, if Davis were to defend John's punch, he could easily counter with DvA or D^A while John wouldn't be able to counter properly if Davis were to attack him and John defended. There's a dozen of these kind of minor things that make the LF2 gameplay so enjoyable.

Memento

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureWarrior Gohan on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:07 pm

I understand that...but how will it work if it's dbz we are talking about?The guys that barely have a weakness...although I agree with you in the counter system.Not everyone should just teleport behind a person and certain characters need certain traits...lets take Goten and Trunks for example.They are weaker than any other super saiyan in the buu saga but since they are so small and hyperactive,they attack faster than most other people do.

Future Gohan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bashscrazy on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:18 am

Hmm yes. I have taken the charging speeds for some attacks into consideration. I will be boosting the speed for most of the characters. Some by a lot and some by just a couple of TU. One of the issues I have is that I want the character to say the attack before using it, so I need to find voice clips that are quicker.

I am probably going to stick with the counter attack method but yeah, not every character will have one but the majority will. Probably 90%

The strength system is actually being adjusted, In some aspects the gaps will decrease but in other aspects they will actually increase the gap. The decrease will be between Saiyan to Cell saga. It'll increase in Buu saga. Specifically super characters - SS3 Goku, Ultimate Gohan and all those power houses. The gap there will be increased while the others drop.

And yes the gameplay isn't quite the same. The combo style is definitely different. LF2's is linking different attacks together, my system is just mashing a button lol.

And you can modify one of the characters already in the game if you want and post it.

Ki : 2515

View user profile http://dbzlf2.blogspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureWarrior Gohan on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Make most characters have melee combos instead of just ki attacks.I like that krillin combo because I can do it after I grabbed someone.It felt like using Dennis and Davis in the original LF2

Future Gohan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Memento on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:04 am

Of course if I change certain things for one character, that character will be unbalanced compared to the others.

Some things I'd change for all characters:
- Increase the speed of move initiation. Especially for characters like SSJ3 Goku and other powerhouses... SSJ3 Goku's D>A is exactly the same speed as Vegeta (2) 's
- If a move is a combo, make sure the 2nd hit doesn't always get to waste if the first one is defended. For example, in Vegeta (2), you can use D^A and D^J, but if the first hit is defended, you're nowhere afterwards.

I'll edit Vegeta (2) and post the data file here later today

However, I will make some changes for Vegeta (2).

edit: did you lock the data files in some way or another? I can open them, but my data changer refuses to save the files

- Made D>J initiation faster, so you don't have like 5-10 seconds to step aside :p
- Split D^A (dirty fireworks) into 1) punch and 2) explosion. So now its D^A+A, D^A only does the punch
- Split D^J (genocide breaker) into 1) punch and 2) blast. So now its D^J+A, D^J only does the punch
- Made D^A+run attack possible
- Made D^A+DvJ possible
- Made D^A+A+DvJ possible

Maybe more :p I just made some small changes, but I think this is the kind of changes you should consider making.

I couldn't save the files in .dat format somehow, so I hope everything is working fine. Please copy/paste from the text-files into your data changer..
mediafire.com download/4f0dult2lnlm8hn/new.zip

Memento

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureWarrior Gohan on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:52 pm

This is really really good Very Happy . The ki blasting speed for GokuSSJ3 is as fast as vegeta 2's because Vegeta is mostly a ranged fighter and is part of his special attributes.That's why when Majin Buu rapidly shot Ki blasts at Goku,Goku was surprised,exclaiming "That's Vegeta's technique" implying that this is an attribute of Vegeta's and I found it awesome that it was concerned in this mod :].

Future Gohan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bashscrazy on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:07 pm

hmm, yes I like these changes. I might slow down D>J by a bit (from what you have) and speed up DvJ by a bit.
But the rest of the changes are good.

Also, no I didn't lock the data files. I don't even know how to Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotenks on Sun May 17, 2015 5:36 am

Lol but you can try :/

Ki : 946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bashscrazy on Sun May 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Try what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak on Mon May 18, 2015 5:30 am

@bashscrazy wrote:Also, no I didn't lock the data files. I don't even know how to Razz

This probably.
Rhino.Freak
Son Goku

Son Goku

Ki : 1455

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top